Sustainable Beauty is an inspirational and practical guide to living a more eco-conscious lifestyle and maintaining a low-waste beauty routine. Vegan, cruelty-free, 'clean', organic, non-GM, zero-waste, not to mention palm oil, silicones and micro-plastics - where do you start when it comes to creating a sustainable beauty routine? There are thousands of products claiming to be better for the environment and your skin, but they also come with a hefty price tag. So what can we actually do to make a difference? This book provides the small steps everyone can take to make a big difference at home. Justine Jenkins, an holistic and sustainable make-up artist & consultant, guides you through - breaking down the issues and explaining how we can mitigate them at home. With easy tutorials to follow - from simplifying your beauty routine and product label literacy through to recipes for DIY hydrating serums and superfood face masks - Jenkins shows you how small changes in habit can result in a more sustainable beauty routine that doesn't break the bank.
Did you know that...
- More than 120 billion units of packaging are produced in the global cosmetics industry annually.
- If refillable containers were used for cosmetics, as much as 70% of carbon emissions associated with the beauty industry could be eliminated.
- An estimated 70% of beauty products contain a palm oil derivative, the production of which is believed to be responsible for 8% of the world's deforestation between 1990 and 2008.
With this book you can...
- Take your first steps in creating an eco-smart dresser: learn how to read a label, and find out what natural ingredients you'll need to make your own recipes such as making your own soap and deodorant
- Make essential, nature-based cosmetics: minimize your make-up drawer and master both the application and creation of your new go-to beauty products, from multipurpose lip balms to colour mixing
- Simplify your skincare and body routines: from cleansing and toning to boosting your tan, discover your body's needs from head to toe and the secret to beautiful skin, body, hands and nails
- Get luxurious hair with low-waste practices: from hair masks to natural dyes, remedying, maintaining and styling shiny, healthy hair has never been easier with Jenkins savvy recipes, hacks and tutorials
$10 flat rate within Queensland
$15 flat rate rest of Australia
Add $5 for express shipping anywhere in Australia
Free shipping for orders over $250
New Zealand – Flat rate $30
Oceania & South East Asia – Flat rate $35
Rest of the World – Flat rate $45